Top 10 Things To Do When Designing Your Outdoor Living Space
- Design – Make a plan for your space. Create a layout for the space you want to use in your yard. Measure out the dimensions and draw up a plan, take photos with you when you’re shopping. A little advanced planning can set the foundation for your perfect outdoor living environment. Need help? Seasonal Concepts can help you design your space.
- Define – What type of look and feel are you trying to achieve? Look online for styles and designs that fit the environment you hope to create. Is there an inspiration piece or specific style that you want to emulate? Are you trying to express the same look and feel you have inside your home or do you want to do something different?
- Color – color can set a mood, sophisticated elegance or fun and whimsical. Do you want to start with a neutral base so you can change up the color each season. Color is an inexpensive way to project your personal style and add some variety to the look.
- Plantings – keep in mind you can work with your landscape and existing plantings or add some new ones. Add plants that go with your color palette, or create shade and atmosphere. Don’t forget this important element. The strategically placed planting or planters can help to define your space and give it character.
- Patio Furniture – create an outdoor dining space to rival your favorite restaurant patio. Make dining alfresco a daily event. Set up an outdoor conversation area to enjoy with friends and family. A comfortable and stylish patio furniture set can provide many years of outdoor enjoyment.
- Lighting – patio lighting can create warmth and atmosphere and extend the time you can spend outdoors. Don’t forget the various types of lighting, flood lights, security lights, string lights, lanterns, all can add different moods to your outdoor living environment
- Fire Features – keep the evenings warm and inviting. A fire feature can add ambiance and extend your outdoor living season. What can compare to a roaring fire on a crisp fall night!
- Accessories – Take your outdoor living space to the next level with a few accessories. Add an outdoor rug to help define your space. A beautiful centerpiece can add that special touch on the patio table to make it feel more elegant. For convenience, have an outdoor storage chest for your accessories.
- Cushions and pillows – the must have accent for comfort, color and design. Cushions and pillows are the easiest way to set the design and create comfort and a homey setting.
- Beverage Center – entertaining can be easy outdoors with a bar, cocktail cart or cooler table. Make it easy to serve refreshments to your guests and not have to run back and forth indoors so you can enjoy more leisure time when you’re hosting.
Seasonal Concepts can help you with your top 10 list today, call or stop in to our showroom for exceptional customer service.
Back to Blog