How to Plan a Staycation
It’s the time of year again—the long, warm summer days are in full swing. The kids are going back to school soon and summer will be over before we know it. Don’t let these last few weeks slip by; take time to enjoy it. Whether you went on a traditional family vacation this summer or not, now is the perfect time to truly relax by planning a low-cost, stress-free vacation at home.
There are three cardinal rules to ensure your staycation gives you the genuine vacation experience. The first is to disconnect from phones and the internet. Tell relatives, friends and co-workers that you’ll be unavailable so they (and you) won’t be tempted to check in.
Second, act like a tourist. Visit parks, museums and other attractions in your town that you have never been to. Go to a restaurant you have always wanted to try. The key here is to remember not to overbook yourself—this is your vacation time! Shoot for one or two new activities per day.
Finally, be sure to treat yourself. By planning a staycation you are already saving thousands of dollars, so book a massage appointment, buy a new outfit, or spruce up your home/patio décor with something you’ll still be able to enjoy long after the staycation ends! Here are our top five items that are sure to whip your home into resort-style shape and that you will be able to use for years to come:
1) Umbrellas bring a tropical island vibe to your backyard and cost a fraction of the price of a ticket to Bora Bora. Choose from several different colors and sizes, then make yourself a pina colada and kick back.
2) Fun beach chairs make you feel like you’re in the Hamptons and you can forget the premiums you’d have to pay to vacation there. Take them to your local beach or set them by your backyard pool or fire pit.
3) Adding a glider or rocker to your backyard or garden can give you that Bed & Breakfast feeling. Enjoy a cup of coffee there in the morning, read a book there in the afternoon, and stargaze at night. You might even rock yourself to sleep. Choose from beautiful wrought-iron designs or charming wood styles.
4) While we can’t guarantee that chair cushions and pillows will change your life, they will certainly breathe new life into your patio furnishings. We offer cushions in an abundance of colors and prints for chairs, benches and chaise lounges.
5) Set one of these clocks to 5:00 p.m. and leave it. You’re on vacation!
Looking for just the right item for your staycation and need assistance? Contact us today for personalized customer service and we can help you find just what you’re looking for!
Back to Blog